Hosted by Citigroup Microfinance in London, the conference focused on “Finding Equilibrium as MFIs Grow and Evolve: Balancing Financial and Social Objectives. The main topics discussed were:
- Managing Institutional Growth and Evolution
- Balancing Financial and Social Objectives through Social Ratings
- Use of Staff Incentives in Microfinance to Balance Financial and Social Performance
- Political Risk: Potential Threats and Challenges
- Financing for Growth: Debt or Equity?
Following the conference, there was also a joint meeting with Council of Microfinance Equity Funds (CMEF) to discuss the Valuation of MFI Equity Investments and the state of Microfinance Investment Funds.