Date added: 8th December 2017
Closing date: 19th January 2018
Job Title: Digital Media Intern
Location: Online / Remote
The Microfinance Network (MFN) is a global community of leading microfinance players. Established in 1993, as a Community of Practice designed to support microfinance institutions to grow into sustainable enterprises that expand access to financial services to the poor, by sharing ideas, experiences, and innovative solutions. Today, the MFN is made up of 25 members, serving over 100 million clients, across 23 different countries. By joining our small team, candidates have the opportunity to have a hands-on role in building the public profile and outputs of one of the industry’s oldest and most established networks, during a time of momentous change and innovation.
MFN is seeking a part-time Digital Media Intern for a period of 3-6 months to support with the administration of the MFN’s digital and social media platforms. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the MFN’s social media accounts
- Managing and updating MFN website content
- Search engine optimization support
- Online research
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience and understanding of social media platforms including Twitter
- Experience with website management preferred
- Familiarity with microfinance or financial technology
- A dedicated self-starter that works well independently
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
Candidates will be contacted via email. Volunteers can start as best suits their schedule, but should be available to start by mid-January.
Candidates are requested to share their resume/CV, as well as a brief cover letter of no more than 500 words articulating why they are suitable for the position, and their dates and hours of availability. Please send applications to email@example.com .